Patumahoe Primary School
Mahia nga mahi i te kaha rawa
Play the Game with Pride
Patumahoe School Events Slideshow
If you have not already please ensure you download the Skool Loop app via Google Play or App Store.
This is how we communicate with parents by sending out the weekly newsletter, notices and also you can view the calendar, send in absences and email the school.
Please See Flyer below
Patumahoe School Online Assembly
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Return to School
Kia ora and good morning everybody
What a nice day to end the week. The purpose of this communication is to give you a final reminder on our return to school on Monday. You will note that a lot of the emphasis is on knowing the whereabouts and movements of people during the next few weeks. So clear communication with the school is paramount if things change and are not the norm.
Important reminders. Please read carefully
- Water Bottles. Send a named and filled water bottle with each child to school. Fountains are out of action at the moment.
- Drop and go/ Pick and go. Unlike some schools we encourage parents to come on site to drop off and collect their children. Why? Because it is normal, it is safe (in more ways than one) and we value your presence in the school grounds. But please don’t linger on the school grounds for longer than necessary as we are trying to avoid groups congregating.
- Dropping off your child and Collecting your child? If you are planning to come into school to drop and go or pick and go it would be appreciated if you could help us with contact tracing by using Skool Loop Contact Tracing. Over the weekend the skool loop app on your phone will have an extra tile. This is like a visitors register if you are coming onto school site for drop off and pick up. It will be very simple and provide another information database for our school to use in the unlikely event of contact tracing. Please note that the use of this Skool loop function is only required if you are coming onto the school site at the beginning of the school day and the end of the day.
- Early collection? (doctors appointments etc). Usual procedure applies here where you must sign your child out at the office. This is important for keeping attendance registers up to date and bus rolls accurate.
- Parents there will be a book drop off box on the staffroom deck for any readers that went home over the break, if we could have them back today that would be awesome.
- Could any on loan school laptops be returned to the office as soon as possible so that they can be prepared for classroom use.
- Buses will be running as usual.
- K.A.S. Kids after school and Kids before school will be running for families who require it
So over the weekend
- Take time to catch up with family if you haven’t done so already
- Get the kids uniforms in order
- Name lunchbox and water bottles
- Look to rest up as much as possible as I think initially the full school days will tire the kids out quickly.
- Have a play with the Skool Loop contact tracing function if you are bored
Anyhow that is enough from me. I hope I have captured everything. We are all really excited to be back on Monday. So much so that you need to watch today’s online assembly, there might be a surprise in store for you. It will be posted on our school website, skool loop at 1.30pm.
Have a great weekend
Mr Tawhiti and the Patumahoe School team