NATIONAL ADMINISTRATION GUIDELINE NAG 1
The Board of Trustees has a legal obligation to provide the pupils of Patumahoe School with a balanced curriculum in accordance with the National Curriculum Framework to foster student learning and achievement.
To enable pupils to reach their full potential through providing a balanced programme covering all the essential learning areas. Using the guidelines outlined in the New Zealand Curriculum Framework, the School Curriculum will ensure the key competencies; the principles and values are developed in all planning.
- The needs of individual students learning outcomes are at the centre of all teaching, learning and assessing.
- Students are encouraged to acquire the knowledge, skills and understandings within the curriculum statements along with appropriate attitudes and values.
- The curriculum is delivered in accordance with the National Education Guidelines (National Education Goals, National Administration Guidelines and the National Curriculum Statements) and follows the School Curriculum Delivery Plan.
- Monitor, assess and record student progress against National Achievement Objectives (National Standards) using a variety of planned assessment procedures which are integrated into the NZ Curriculum teaching and learning programmes.
- Identify barriers to learning for students and implement strategies to address these.
- Provide equitable educational opportunities for all groups of learners, i.e. inclusive differentiated programmes of work for all students.
- Assess student achievement, maintain individual records and report on student progress using the NZ Curriculum and the National Standard Guidelines to the Board of Trustees, parents and Ministry of Education.
- Respect and draw upon the significant features of our diverse ethnic and cultural New Zealand heritage.
- Develop Curriculum Plans for all Learning Areas that reflect the special nature of this community and are maintained through self-review.
- Recognise parents, caregivers and the wider community as educators providing the opportunity to educate.
- Provide ongoing teacher professional development as the necessary foundation for successful curriculum delivery.
Review By: 05/20
- All teachers work as a part of a Syndicate and Teams in which co-operative planning, teaching, learning and cross grouping occurs.
- Teachers planning will reflect the Patumahoe School Curriculum, current Charter goals and targets, using an integrated curriculum approach
- Current accredited assessment tools will be used, following the annual assessment schedule.
- Teachers will use a range of formative and summative assessments to form an Overall Teacher Judgement (OTJ) in relation to the National Standards.
- OTJ’s will be moderated at Team, Syndicate and School Staff meetings to ensure uniformity of judgements.
- Teachers will be pro-active in forming active partnerships with parents, whanau/caregivers, following principles of Whanaungatanga.
- Teaching approaches that consistently have a positive impact on student learning as detailed in research will be promoted.
- Teachers, teaching inquiries will form the basis of classroom decision making.